Friday, January 09, 2009

My kind of review

From the Washington Post

A Poor Reception for 'Bride Wars'

Ann Hornaday recommends that you send your regrets and not attend "Bride Wars": "Predictable, lazy and as overprocessed as Kate Hudson's hair, this thoroughly joyless movie also possesses a deep nasty streak, making it loathsome when it might have been merely annoying."

I wish I'd said that. Three movies that got good reviews and I thought were merely annoying when they could have been loathsome:

Mama Mia: Shrill, shrill, shrill. Will you all just SHUT UP!

Iron Man: Stupid! We went out to see it, and I should have left and played the motorcycle roadracing game in the lobby. When it was finally over, I badly needed a drink. Tragically, I quit drinking some years ago.

WALL-E: Or however you capitalize it. Great animated film for pre-teens. I'm sixty and could have better used my time Twittering.

No comments: