Friday, February 09, 2007

I'm Back!

Hey, I need to log back in. It’s been a month. I’m better now, though I have to say my surgery and recovery have not been a breeze.

Just let me say this and get it off my chest: “The horror!!”

I’m not a John Wayne kind of guy. You’ll never hear me say, “It’s only a scratch.” I got sick from the pain meds and ended up in the emergency room. After that, it just hurt a lot. I was on drugs, and unlike, say, Hunter S. Thompson, I don’t do my best work when I’m loaded. I didn’t work at all, as a matter of fact. I just laid around and complained.

Still, it was a time to reconnect with my inner wimp and watch a lot of videos. I got the PBS complete history of England in about 20 DVDs. Here’s a summary: War! Unimaginable savagery! I’m only up to about 1300, disc three or four. I take this in small doses.

Also, Carl Sagan’s Cosmos. Wonderful, but I’m not tracking all that well. Also in small doses.

Friends have been dear. Thank you all for the visits, the phone calls, and the chocolate. (Psss: I’m getting low on chocolate.)

Now, it’s time to get on with it, to merge with the traffic, give my students lots of homework so they’ll start complaining again, and take note of the important developments in the world around me: Astronauts are running amok. Berserking even. Anna Nicole is dead.

I’m back, though barely. My groin hurts.

Ice cream!

1 comment:

pat said...

hey welcome back ross! I had a hernia in college and boy are my arms tired.